Monday, August 30, 2010

Soup Commie


There once was a woman who made me some soup
Tasted like heaven, looked like some poop.

I walked past her stand just the other day
Now I need help, I can't stay away.

Her regular is brown, filled with allspice
When it hits the belly, I'm feeling all nice.

With chicken, rice, carrots, potatoes and bones
Swimming in brown gravy, my soul she now owns.

Today she had a seafood special that looks quite white
But unlike a scary ghost, it causes no fright.

Squid? Scallops? Cuttlefish it might be
Not tuna, not clams but from the near sea.

She works in a closet, without too much room
Dark, dreary and damp, it seems like her tomb.

Soup Commie doesn't speak English, I don't know Chinese
Whenever she uses her magic, it brings me to my knees.

No comments:

Post a Comment