Tuesday, August 31, 2010

#1 - What The Hell Is This?

One of my regular bits will absolutely be "What The Hell Is This?" - I will go to my Happy Place (7Eleven), visit a strange place or see something unusual and try to figure out what it is purely by appearance. I'll try to stay away from the obvious, picture-laden items, because what fun would it if got exactly what I expected.

The Item: It was in the refrigerated beverage section of Happy Place, so before you even guess road flare, you're wrong (I hope). Dark bluish/purple, it is definitely liquid and then only discernible writing says "Mandheling", not much going on there.

My Guess: Looks fancy, I think it is a type of juice - maybe one of those neo-vitamin super antioxidants that nobody has every heard of. Like a Tropical Double Rainbow Geofruit Fikus Citrus Berry drink...

The Result: Coffee, I was way off! Sugared, with a splash of milk, it is delicious, rich and extremely flavorful. This bevy is excellent, think one of those canned Starbucks drinks except less expensive and without the pretentiousness. A repeat buy strongly possible, but what aisle are the road flares...

No comments:

Post a Comment