Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Flirty Toilet

I like things that are straightforward, especially my toilets. Per the norm for obsessive signage in all areas of public transportation, these signs are found inside the subway station restrooms. "Come Closer Please" - very polite, suggestive even. Hopefully I get a phone number after this encounter, if not I'll settle for a thorough hand washing. I wonder if this was a literal translation or if it is something the engineers just settled on to encourage foreigners not to make a mess. I have a few suggestions to improve this message...

- Come Closer Please, You Smell Great

- Have We Met Before?

- Comer Closer Please...Wow!

- Welcome Back!

- It Was Good For Me

- You From Around Here?

But like all things public transportation, the facilities shine and sparkle, my nose twitches from the bleached air. Unlike some transit abominations (South Station, Boston or Port Authority, NYC), I don't feel the need to light my clothes on fire after I exit. Instead of using acetone to wash my hands and a therapist to cope with my pathological fear of contamination, Taipei stocks velvety Softsoap Antibacterial Liquid Hand Soap with Light Moisturizers with hint of vanilla scent. My skin celebrates!




You're doing it wrong.

















Coming next...

Are you at a bar and have had too much to drink? Trying to enjoy the contents of your stomach a second time in reverse? Need to make upchuck and don't know where to go? I will show the world!

1 comment:

  1. i think a year ago those toilet signs were written in the first person. "I flush automatically when you draw near." they've made some progress.

    ReplyDelete